Why employers should implement drug screening as part of the hiring process.
· It is estimated that between ten and twenty percent of workplace accidents are related to drug abuse.
· Employees who abuse drugs are 2.2 times more likely to request time off.
· Employers may require a drug test when conducting a pre-employment background check, after a workplace accident, or randomly.
· Urine drug screening can test for 5,7,9 or 10 different types of drugs.
· The two most common types of specimens used in employee drug testing is urine analysis or hair follicle testing. Urine is the most popular, however hair follicle testing is the most comprehensive type (detection up to 90 days).